Saturday 14 February 2015

Small Batch Coffee Company - Norfolk Gardens




Food: Not much choice but always something veggie and something meaty
Child Friendliness: Great. High chairs available.
Access: Excellent, lots of buggy space. Toilets are down some treacherous stairs though. 
Prices: £2.80 for a latte, babyccino free
Ambiance: Cool dudes, tatty paperbacks and laptops


I love Small Batch and I have to confess that I live across the road from the Goldstone cafe/roastery so I already a fan of their wonderful, very locally roasted coffee. The Goldstone cafe is small and clearly designed for commuters etc. and not kids and prams and screaming and throwing and general behaviour that would encite fear into the heart of the single cool kids that frequent Goldstone regularly. They look at me worryingly as if my banana stained jeans will somehow infect them and jump onto their well groomed beards. I went, therefore, with much trepidation into the Norfolk Square Small Batch and I have to admit I was surprised. They have loads of space, well laid out tables and, shock horror, highchairs. I ordered a latte and babychino (free) and the lovely guy behind the counter set up said highchair and brought us over water and bendy straws. We entertained everyone by climbing on the leather furniture and left as things were becoming rowdy our end due to...ahem...Ivy and her desire to go behind the counter and be generally menacing. The coffee is the best I've had in Brighton so I'm excited madam can now join me sitting in the cafe - we will be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment