Saturday 21 February 2015

Cafe W - in Waterstones, Brighton

Food: Dense looking cakes, pastries, bagels and sandwiches (limited selection)
Child Friendliness: Excellent
Access: Great, plenty of room for buggies
Prices: On the expensive side, especially the food
Ambiance: Loud! Kids! Books! Shoppers! ahem...tantrums and wandering toddlers!

I love Cafe W, and although this is my first review it certainly isn't my first visit. When I moved to Hove it was my go-to place, plenty of highchairs, coffee, books and toys to entertain Ivy. Basically somewhere I can go that I know is baby-friendly, warm has a good atmosphere but not too busy, I can always find a table and a highchair. It is split between two floors so the kids tend to hang out on the 2nd floor (with the kids books surprisingly) and 'adults only' on the 3rd. I always let Ivy out the buggy for a wander here so she can pick out and 'read' a couple of books - translated this means pull out all the carefully sorted Mr Men books and throw around the small plastic animals. The staff never complain, are always helpful and bring the coffee to your book strewn table with a smile. The catch? You do often find yourself buying books that the little one loves  in the shop only to find them pristine and unread at home and although it sounds like a free-for-all, it isn't. At the end of the day its a mega busy shop with stairs and people, therefore strict supervision is required at all times which can result in tantrums and certain items often need to be wrestled back onto the shelves. Overall, when Churchill has become too much or the little one is about to go buggy crazy its a great place to stop, chill and take on board some caffeine ...until you let them out the highchair that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment